Monday, April 25, 2011

The Best Five Minute Networking Tip—EVER!

I would typically classify myself as a slow to warm up person. It is not that I am shy or bashful, but I generally feel uncomfortable until I have had a few minutes to warm up to someone one-on-one. For me, this was one of my biggest struggles when I graduated college. I knew networking was essential in furthering my career and growing as a person; however, I felt awkward about doing it. Lucky for me, life threw me exactly what I needed: a move to Des Moines, Iowa. Ah yes, the bright lights and the big city of Des Moines, Iowa; a place I aspired to live since a child. All joking aside, when I came here I knew pretty much no one, so I had no choice but to do what I hated doing: networking.

I am still no savvy networker by any stretch; however, there is one really great little trinket of advice I picked up on my own journey. Now, I may be bashing everything your personal trainer has told you, but don’t take the stairs, go ahead and hop in the elevator. I don’t know about you, but our elevator takes a solid five minutes to arrive, open its doors and then to slowly climb the four flights to my office floor. In those five minutes I have done more networking, and had more interaction with people than I otherwise would by taking the stairs.

The elevator provides an excellent opportunity for you to have a brief, friendly conversation about something, simple (i.e. the weather, the general logistics of your job or even about weekend plans).  Here is the best part: if the person is just not your type, you have an excuse to leave the conversation—just step off the elevator! However, if you enjoyed the conversation, continue communicating with them in the future. Connect with them through social media platforms, or stop by their office to say ‘hi’ if you work in the same building. Just remember the fundamental rule of networking is to provide value to someone else.

Alexandra Guzik
New View Communications Committee
Project Manager at One Social Media

No comments:

Post a Comment